Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Jon Simpson - Tier 4

Hey James,

I've included two versions of this illustration. In the first version, the background wasn't feeling quite right. I felt like I was missing an opportunity to enhance the creepy vibe. It also felt very stiff compositionally.

The second version has a few rendering fixes and value adjustments. I've also begun to work on a new background. I'm not entirely sure how to go about it, though.

I want the background to feel fairly loose and painterly compared to the relatively harder edges in the foreground. I'm also trying to avoid getting too complex in the background, because the characters are far more important to the illustration.

Basically, I'm just aiming for something simple that helps enhance the mood, while still having environment elements. I'm also trying to figure out ways to make the color pop a little bit more.

Thanks for any advice you can give. It is much appreciated.









No comments:

Post a Comment